Jesus taught us to live a life of loving people rather than trying to follow religious rules. We can’t make both ways of life paramount at the same time because they conflict in intent and result.
From Jesus without Baggage
- Does Behavior Matter?
- We are not to Follow Burdensome Religious Rules (How to Love People)
- Loving God and Others Makes Rules Obsolete
- A Delightful Insight into Behavior
- What Does it Mean to Love Others as Ourselves?
- Growing as a Follower of Jesus
- Which is Easier: Loving People or Following Rules?
- Establishing Personal Guidelines for Loving Others
- 3 Important Considerations in Loving Others as Ourselves
- Is it Selfish for Us to Love Ourselves?
- Do What to My Enemies? No Way!
- Loving Our Enemies—Tough Cases
- Loving Our Enemies in the Context of War
- Hating Our Enemies
- Loving Others with Empathy, Compassion, and Care this Year
- 48 Short, Specific Suggestions on Loving Others as We Love Ourselves
- “Should We Give Money to Bums on the Street Who Refuse to Work?”
From Benjamin Corey
- Loving Yourself: The Biblical Command We Tend To Forget
- 10 Ways To Be A Better Peacemaker Online
- What’s So Complicated About “Love Your Enemies”?
- Who Jesus Talked About When He Talked About Enemies
- Remembering to Pray for Terrorists on 9-11
- The Serious Problems With Using Ecclesiastes 3 To Justify Christian Support of War & Violence
- The True Meaning of Turn the Other Cheek by Marcus Borg
- 10 Reasons Why Law is Easier than Love by David Hayward
- Why I am Still A Christian by J. R. Daniel Kirk
- Enemies and Retribution – a Sermon on Jonah by Nadia Bolz Weber
- Love Your Enemies … Unless by Robb Ryerse
- Praying for your enemies by Laced up Lutheran
- What do you do when Jesus says to love your enemies? by Laced up Lutheran
- Love your enemies by Laced up Lutheran
- The Joy in Overcoming Evil with Good by Pam Witzemann
- Be sure to follow this blog in the right-hand column of this page.
- Like Jesus without Baggage Page on Facebook.