As some of you know, I am writing a short series on problems within fundamentalist homeschooling circles. However, I know that criticism of a segment of the homeschooling community is sometimes seen as a reflection on homeschooling in general.
I support homeschooling. Homeschooling is quite diverse, and there are many good reasons for homeschooling children. So I am writing an article for this series that favorably presents homeschooling in general. This is where you can help me with some information about your homeschooling choices and experience.
If you are willing, you can respond either here on this post or you can message me privately at https://www.facebook.com/JesusWithoutBaggage/. I really appreciate your input and will not use your name unless you tell me otherwise.
Here are some questions you might consider, but I would like to hear anything you have to say:
1. Why did you choose to homeschool your children?
2. What is your educational or homeschooling philosophy?
3. What is your style of homeschooling?
4. What curriculum or resources do you use in homeschooling?
5. What are some disadvantages of homeschooling?
6. What are your thoughts on the level of state involvement in homeschooling—like monitoring for quality or learning achievement levels?
7. What articles or web sites might be helpful in my preparation for this upcoming article?
8. What else would you like to share about homeschooling or your homeschooling experience?
9. What else should I be asking?
I am eager to hear from you and really appreciate your help in preparing for this article!